A no-fry variation of a popular favorite! Just as delicious without the extra calories from frying.
- 3 eggplant, sliced thinly
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 6 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- 2. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
- 3. In a medium baking dish spread tomato sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Add mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add in remaining ingredients, finishing with cheese, then sprinkle basil on top layer.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden.